Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MOTHER, PUT THE COFFEE POT ON....



As I was making these, the phrase entered my head~~MOTHER, PUT THE COFFEE POT ON...~~

As a young girl I would love to stay up late on the weekends and watch movies. Back then they would have on their local television channels, live commercials. There used to be this man that had a line of furniture stores...his name was Richard Bennett and he would be the host for the night on the commercials, talking about his furniture stores...Richard Bennett Furniture. The last commercial he would do of the night, he would always close it with saying....MOTHER, PUT THE COFFEE POT ON, I'M COMING HOME...and so the title of this post came about, a small memory of years gone by back in a little town in Indiana...

Here is one of my most favorite recipes I have....dates back many years...I thought I would share this one with you all. I hope you will like it, as I do.


GOLDEN HARVEST MUFFINS

2 CUPS ALL PURPOSE UNBLEACHED FLOUR
2 CUPS WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
2 CUPS SUGAR
4 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
4 TEASPOONS CINNAMON
1 TEASPOONS SALT
1/2 TEASPOONS GROUND CLOVE
4 CUPS (5 MEDIUM) PEELED AND SHREDDED APPLES
1 CUP SHREDDED CARROTS
1 CUP SHREDDED COCONUT
1 CUP RAISINS
1 CUP CHOPPED WALNUTS OR PECANS
1 1/2 CUPS OIL
1/2 MILK
4 TEASPOONS VANILLA
3 EGGS, BEATEN

Heat oven to 350*F. Line with paper baking cups or grease 36 muffin cups. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In a 4-quart bowl, combine all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Add apples, carrots, coconut, raisins and nuts; mix well.
Add oil, milk, vanilla and eggs; stir just until moistened. Fill lined or greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 350*F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately remove from pans.

Makes 36 Muffins

TIP: To freeze muffins, cool completely. Place in large plastic freezer bags; label and freeze up to 1 month.

ENJOY!!!!
~~KATHY~~

No comments: